Google Tricks | Facebook Tricks | Subscribe for Daily Updates


Sunday, November 11, 2012

How To Make Windows 7 Wi-Fi Hotspot



I was at my university and I wanted to download an app to my android device but the problem was that our university Wi-Fi does not support cell phones directly as they operate on MAC addresses (Don’t worry if you don’t understand it). So I decided to connect my laptop to the Wi-Fi and make it a hotspot and then connect my phone to my laptop and then use the Wi-Fi interesting right? I thought sharing it with all of you might also help you guys. So here it is.





Steps To Make Windows 7 Wi-Fi Hotspot 

First of all connect your laptop to the Wi-Fi

2. Open Network and Sharing Center



3. Click on setup a New Connection or Network 



4. Click on wireless adhoc (computer to computer) network, you will find it at the bottom of the list. Then click Next 



5. Give a Network name, Security type and Security key. Recommendations: Select WPA2 as a security type because it is pretty hard to crack Into. 



Click next and you are good to go.

Hope you like it and find it useful. That’s all for now. Do share your experience of and problems if you face in making windows 7 Wi-Fi hotspot-
eColumnson Google+
Subscribe to get the latest right to your inbox:

1 comments:

Great post, you have pointed out some superb details, I will tell my friends that this is a very informative blog thanks. http://itechaleart.blogspot.in

Post a Comment

Please do give your name while commenting :)